Wax Figure in Museum

This picture is one I took at a Kansas City museum in November. This was a real life double I was caught off guard by. This wax figure, like mannequins, imitates life in an inanimate object. It was so well done that I really thought it was a guard in the museum. To make it more of a double, it was made to resemble a past guard that worked there. As an art major, I was very fascinated in the detail put into the wax figure. The artist made the figure with clay and paint to create its realism. Although they are similar to mannequins, they aren't meant to display the body so much as the personality behind the person it is meant to resemble. It still gave me the uncanny feeling in the way I swore it was going to move. It really looked like a person just standing still waiting to scare me.

Comments

Popular Posts